Natural Cure For Pcos – Simple Treatment For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a condition whereby multiple cysts develop on the ovary caused by irregularities in the ovulation process. This, in turn leads to a hormonal imbalance which can lead to various disruptions in the normal desired cycles within the body. The more severe the imbalance, the greater the chance of cysts developing.
When faced with this condition, many women will try to turn to conventional treatment methods and may take prescribed hormonal treatments, such as the birth control pill. The problem is that whilst these may give some relief, this is only ever temporary as the root cause of the problem has never been addressed. Indeed, a frighteningly high proportion of women who use hormonal treatments find that the symptoms are worse than ever once they stop. On the other hand, using a natural cure for PCOS can be very successful, as it can result in the elimination of the root cause.
PCOS can render a women temporarily infertile and other symptoms can also be experienced such as acne, facial hair and weight gain. It is not always possible to identify the exact cause in individual women, but rather it is thought that it is usually a combination of circumstances which bring about the condition.
One very important element of any natural cure for PCOS is your diet. The food you eat can affect your body in many ways and with regard to PCOS, dietary modification is an integral and essential treatment. The following reflects the main principles:-
* Cut down on fatty foods, but do not avoid fats altogether. Healthy oils are important for health. Concentrate on cutting out saturated fats
* Where possible, eat organic produce, or at least wash or peel fruits and vegetables if they have been grown with the use of pesticides
* Try to consume foods in their natural states, or very lightly cooked. Avoid processed foods or those with additives
* Eat at least 5 portions of fresh fruits and vegetables daily
* Eat lean meats which have been organically reared
* Avoid soya products as these can affect the hormonal balance
* Drink a minimum of 2 liters of filtered water daily
A full diet to be used as part of a natural cure for PCOS is much more comprehensive but the above elements will set you off on the right road. To be completely free of PCOS, you need to adopt a holistic approach which treats the root causes and will include problems such as a weak immune system, the build up of toxins in the body, lack of exercise and obesity, to name but a few.
It is vital to remember that as with most natural approaches, there is not one single treatment which will form a cure although each small positive step you take will begin to relieve you of the symptoms. Natural remedies tend to focus on treating the whole person and eliminating all the possible causes which means that the root cause is eliminated.
By: Olivia Harrison