Headache Causes And Symptoms And Home Remedy Tips To Cure Headache And Anxiety
Headache is a common problem, specially among the working crowd. Headache is caused due to several factors, but we can put it under three broad categories
Migraine is a very painful type of headache. The pain is described in various ways by the patients as splitting, throbbing, excruciating etc. Migraine can also be accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Migraine can be precipitated by a multitude of factors which include “Anxiety, Stress, Lack of food or sleep, Exposure to light and Hormonal changes”. It was thought before that Migraine is caused by the opening and narrowing of blood vessels in the head. Medicines can help prevent Migraine attacks or help relieve symptoms of attacks when they happen. For many people, treatments to relieve stress can also help.
Causes of Headache
Tension headaches can be triggered for a variety of reasons. Some of the more common causes are:
1. Caffeine: this causes blood vessels to dilate, which increases tension around the head. A recommendation is to try to limit your coffee intake to at most 2 cups per day.
2. Tyramine: this is a compound that is suspected of causing headaches in some people. Foods that are high in tyramine include chocolate, smoked/cured meat, doughnuts, breads, sugar, yogurt, caffeine, and red wine.
3. Chewing Gum: the repetitive chewing motion can lead to tension headaches since it causes your muscles to tighten.
4. Bright lights: this can lead to squinting and eyestrain, which then leads to a tension headache. Try to wear sunglasses when outdoors, and take regular breaks if you spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen.
5. Stress: this is a leading cause of both tension headaches and migraines. Try to reduce stress levels using deep breating or Yoga.
Headaches are very disturbing and restricts your attention to the pain alone. At this moment pain killer seems to be the only solution to get relief form headache. Pain killers, however, have side effects. Here are few home remedies
to get relief from headache –
1. For chronic headache, eat sliced apple with salt everyday in the morning for a week.
2. Crush lemon crust into a fine powder and make it into a paste with the use of water. Apply this on the forehead. This is quick relief form headache caused due to tension.
3. Apply a small amount of Eucalyptus oil on the center of the head and cover it with a towel dipped in warm water. This is one of the most effective ways of curing pain.
4. Put 3 drops of ghee in your nostrils for a week to get rid of headache from cold.
5. Drink a glass of water with a teaspoon of honey every morning to treat chronic headache.
6. Grind watermelon seeds with poppy seeds and consume three grams of it everyday if you are suffering constant pain.
7. Application of sandalwood paste on the forehead is one of the tradition ways of curing headache.
By: Dr.Steve Buchar